Virtual Receptionist Operator
The operator of a virtual receptionist service is chosen from the list of users who have the role of operator. You must start by giving the operator role to all users who can answer calls from people who need help. You can have one or more users with this role.
Giving Operator Roles to Users
As an administrator, you can give the operator role to one or many users in your organization:
- Click on Users from the main menu to display the list of users in your organization.
- Click on the Advanced Options icon corresponding to the user to whom you want to give an operator role.
- Check the Operator-Receptionist role in the User Roles section then click Submit to save.
Selecting the Active Operator
As an administrator, you can select and assign the user who will be the operator of the virtual receptionist in your organization. The user must first have an role of operator.
Here's how to select the operator of a receptionist service:
- Click Receptionist from the main menu to view the list of receptionist profiles in your organization.
- Click the profile name of the receptionist where you want to designate an operator.
- Go to the Call Handling Interface section and select the user who will become the operator of this receptionist.
- Click Save to confirm the change.
Receptionist General Mailbox
Each receptionist has a voice mailbox to receive messages from callers who can not speak to the operator. This general mailbox has its own greeting message.
The general mailbox messages are accessible to the user-operator who manages them along with her or his other messages. The user-operator can listen to them, delete them and send them to other users or contacts.
The user-operator can be changed but the messages remain in the general mailbox and will be accessible to the new designated operator.
Greeting Message of the Receptionist’s General Mailbox
You can hear and personalize the greeting message of any general mailbox by going into the profile of the selected receptionist.
There are two ways to access the profile of a receptionist:
- From the receptionist's Status and Call Forwarding page: Click Setup on the right of the receptionist's name;
- From the list of receptionists: Click on the name of the receptionist that needs its greeting message personalized;
Once in the receptionist's profile, go to the "Voicemail Greeting Message" section to listen to and personalize the current greeting message of this receptionist's general mailbox.
- Click Play to listen to the current greeting message in the selected language (you can change the language by clicking the button on the right);
- Click Folder to download the audio file of the current greeting message in the selected language (you can change the language by clicking the button on the right);
- Pull down the message list to select another greeting message or create a new one.
- Click New at the bottom of the message drop-down list to [add a new greeting message] and assign it to this receptionist.
How to Create a New Greeting Message for Your Receptionist?
You can create and assign a new greeting message to a virtual receptionist in several ways:
- Record the message yourself on the phone;
- Upload an existing message. The audio file format must be: u-Law WAV, 64 kbps, 8 KHz, 8 bit Mono;
- Enter a text to read using the text-to-speech module if this option is enabled for your account.
NOTE: Remember to update the greeting message in the second language if your receptionist is bilingual.