As the account administrator, you can add a new phone number manually as follows:
- Click Settings on the vertical menu then click Numbers
- From the Phones page, click the New button.
- A telephone number selection and configuration wizard starts number assignment as its first step.
Indicate if the number will be assigned to a user, group or service, then click Next to go to the following step.
- Indicate if you want to order a New number or Transfer (port) an existing one.
Selecting a new number
- Local phone number
- "Toll Free" Number (8xx)
- International number
- Phone calls (voice)
- Receiving faxes (SmartFax)
- Receiving text messages (SmartSMS)
- Emergency calls (911)
Local phone number
- Country: The country associated with your account will be selected by default. You can however choose another country in the same area.
- State / Province: The state or province associated with your account will be selected by default. You can however choose another state / province in the same country.
- City: Choose the city and area code of the new number to order. The displayed cities and area codes correspond to the selected state / province.
"Toll Free" Number (8xx)
If you chose to order a toll-free number, the next step is to choose the "toll-free" prefix.
- Select a prefix to search for the available toll-free numbers with this prefix.
Select a toll-free number from the list, then click Next to view the quote and confirm your order.
You must choose another prefix if no number is available for the prefix you have chosen.
If you chose to order an international number, the next step is to specify the country, state / province and city and area code for the desired international number:
- Country: You can choose the country in which you want your international number.
- State / Province: Select the state / province where you want your international number. This list can be empty if no number is available in the selected country.
- City: Choose the city and area code of the number you want to order in the selected country and state / province.
Click Next to see the list of available numbers that match your selection criteria.
Select a number then click Next to view the quote and confirm your order.