Default System Greeting Prompts
Hello and welcome to <company name> .
At anytime, say the name of the person or service you want to reach.
For bilingual services, the Virtual Receptionist plays an additional language selection prompt. The language(s) supported are specified in the company profile. Custom greeting messages may be used instead of the default ones. Go to the Uploading Custom Prompts paragraph for more details on how to import and use your own company greeting messages.
Record & Upload Your Prompts
- Make sure that your custom prompts have been recorded and saved in a standard .WAV format on your computer.
- From the Virtual Receptionist page, click the Upload Prompts button. An Upload Files window opens.
- Press Browse to select the audio prompts file to upload from your computer. Click Submit to start uploading the selected file to the Evatel Server. If your Virtual Receptionist service is bilingual, then you should select the audio prompt file for each language supported in your company profile.
Repeat the operations above until all your custom prompts have been uploaded. Note that you can always go back and upload other custom prompts at a later stage.
The following generic prompts are installed by default:
Hello and welcome
Please say the name of the person you would like to reach
Selecting Custom Greeting Messages
- From the Virtual Receptionist page, in the Greeting Messages section, click the pull-down button to list the available custom prompts.
- Select the audio file to be used as your company's greeting message in the selected language.
- Repeat the operation for the second language if your company's Virtual Receptionist service is bilingual.