Complete these steps to configure your Microsoft Office 365 mail access connection:
To complete the Office 365 mail access setup, your email login credentials are required:
- Username: This is the username you use to login to your email account with other mail clients such as Outlook. You may have to enter your mail server domain name.
- Password: This is the password you use to access your emails. This confidential information is automatically encrypted and securely saved by the Virtual Assistant.
- Exchange URL: For example https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx.
Login to the Web Portal and follow the instructions below to enable the Virtual Assistant to access your emails on the Office 365 server:
- Click Settings > Mail Access in the main menu.
- Enter or update your username and password at the top of the page.
- Select the Exchange radio button.
- Enter the URL to the server in the Exchange URL field. Example: https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx.
- Click Submit to launch the Mail Access Connection validation process.
The system uses the information that you provide to connect to your email account. The results of each validation step are displayed including any errors. If the connection is successful, you will receive a test email message confirming that your mail access connection setup is successful.
If the connection fails, verify that you have properly entered your account information and try again. You may need to manually configure the mail access parameters or choose the I don't know option to have the system try a variety of mail access parameters and protocols to attempt establishing a valid mail access connection. You can also see Troubleshooting Mail Access Connection for details.