These instructions are for members of an organization that uses Google G Suite for its emails, contacts, calendar, docs and drive. If you are using Google Gmail, see Google Gmail Mail Access Connection for details.
If you are using a corporate email account on Google G Suite, then your mail access connection can be greatly simplified if your corporate email administrator has already installed and connected the Virtual Assistant application from the Google Application Marketplace. Contact your Company account administrator to prepare your Google G Suite account for the mail access connection.
The domain administrator of the Google G Suite corporate email account must complete the following steps to authorize the Virtual Assisstant connection:
- Login to your Google G Suite corporate email account as the domain administrator.
- On your Google admin console, click Applications then click Google G Suite Marketplace. See https://support.google.com/a/answer/172482?hl=en for details.
- Once in the Google Marketplace, search for Business Phone with Voice Assistant .
- Select the Virtual Assistant application then click Install. See https://apps.google.com/marketplace/u/0/app/doaliljldkmjcaijmhpedmlabcpngafb?pann=adm.
- Follow the Google G Suite instructions to install the application. Make sure to enable the newly installed Virtual Assistant application for all users.
Login to the Web Portal and follow the instructions below to enable the Virtual Assistant to access your Google G Suite account:
- Click Settings > Mail Access in the main menu.
- Select the Google Apps radio button.
- Click Submit to launch the connection process.
- Since your account has already been set up to use the Virtual Assistant application, you will automatically be offered the option to click Connect to establish your mail access connection without having to enter your email password.
- Clicking Connect triggers Google G Suite to ask for your permission to authorize the Virtual Assistant to access your emails, calendar, contacts and drive.
- Click Accept to grant the requested access permissions to the Virtual Assistant.
- That's it. Your mail access connection is established. Your Web Portal can access and sync your contacts, and your Virtual Assistant is now able to access your emails, calendar and contacts.
Your personal contacts on the Google G Suite Server are now synced with your personal contacts on the Virtual Assistant. Syncing also applies to contact groups including the Voice Directory group that contains contacts that can be called by the Virtual Assistant. To build and update your Voice Directory using contacts from your Google G Suite Server, see Sync Contacts.