The Virtual Assistant has a list of known email service providers (GoDaddy, Yahoo!, etc.) with their mail access details. If your emails are hosted on a known email service provider, the only information you will need to provide is your username and password to enable the Virtual Assistant to connect to your mail account.
To configure the mail access connection to your hosted email account:
- Get the required information
- Prepare your email account for the mail access connection
- Configure the mail access connection
To setup a connection to your hosted email account, you will need the following information:
- Your email Username
- Your email Password
To set the mail access connection to your account on some email service providers, you may need to enable the POP3 or IMAP access protocol as well as set other security options. Here are links to instructions from popular email access providers:
To configure the mail access connection to your hosted email service provider:
- Click Settings > Mail Access in the main menu.
- Enter or update your username and password at the top of the section.
- Select the Hosted Mail radio button.
- Select your email service provider from the dropdown list of known email service providers. If your provider is not in the list, you may need to Manually Configure Mail Access Connection.
- Click Submit.
The system uses the information that you provide to connect to your email account. The results of each validation step are displayed including any errors. If the connection is successful, you will receive a test email message confirming that your mail access connection setup is successful.
If the connection fails, verify that you have properly entered your account information and try again. You may need to manually configure the mail access parameters or choose the I don't know option to have the system try a variety of mail access parameters and protocols to attempt establishing a valid mail access connection. You can also see Troubleshooting Mail Access Connection for details.