People only need to dial your Smart Number to call you or send you faxes and text messages. Calls will reach you at the location of your choice. When people dial your Smart Number, the Virtual Assistant uses your status and call forwarding settings to answer and route your incoming calls efficiently. For example, you can take your calls at the office when you're working, but you may prefer to receive calls on your mobile phone when you're on the move, or at home during evenings and weekends. With call filtering, the Virtual Assistant checks who is calling you and decides whether to transfer them to you or to voicemail based on your instructions. In addition, you can enable your Smart Number to receive faxes and SMS text messages in addition to phone calls.
Smart Number Key Features:
- Your calls follow you on different numbers based on your instructions: at the office, home, on your cell, etc.
- The Virtual Assistant can filter incoming calls to let only important ones through, and when you answer the call, it can tell you who is calling so you can decide whether to take the call or forward it to a colleague or voice mail.
- You can set your status by phone, from the Web portal or on your mobile app to greet your callers and handle their calls appropriately when you are in-meeting, out-of-office or unavailable.
- An easy-to-use Web portal allows you to manage your status, your call filtering and call forwarding schedules.
- A mobile app enables you to quickly set your status while away from your office.
- Speech commands to set your status and call forwarding by phone while driving safely.
- People can call you, send you faxes and text messages (SMS) on the same number.
- You can access and manage your voice messages, faxes and text messages on your Web portal, mobile app and by phone using speech commands when driving. Additionally, a copy of your voice messages, faxes and text messages is sent to your inbox as emails for convenient unified messaging access. You can also have SMS alerts to notify you when you receive new voice messages.
- All your calls are logged so you can view them on the Web portal for billing or follow-up purposes. Call logs are also accessible on the mobile app and by phone using the Virtual Assistant's speech commands.
When people dial your Smart Number, the Virtual Assistant uses your status, your call forwarding schedules, your call filtering preferences and your phone numbers to answer and route your incoming calls efficiently. Accordingly, you will need to configure these settings under the Settings > Phone Numbers and Call Forwarding sections of the Web portal. See Call Forwarding for details.
To access your Smart Number, click Settings > Phone Numbers from the main menu.