In addition to handling phone call, your Smart Number can also be configured to support other features such a fax and SMS reception as well as 911 emergency calls.
Faxes received on your Smart Number are automatically sent to your email address. You can also have a paper copy sent to a fax machine registered on your phone service through an ATA connected to one of your office extensions.
Check the option to receive a paper copy of your faxes then select the fax machine where faxes will be forwarded.
Incoming SMS messages are automatically sent to your Web Portal and mobile app but you can also choose to receive a copy of your text messages by email and SMS on your mobile phone.
Check any of the options below to activate them, or uncheck them to deactivate.
- Email them to me: Check this box to receive a copy of your incoming text messages as emails.
- Send them as SMS to my mobile phone: Check this box to receive a copy of your incoming text messages by SMS to your mobile phone defined under Settings > Phone Numbers.
- Call me and read them to me on my phone: Check this box to have the Virtual Assistant call you each time you receive a new SMS message and offer to read it to you on the phone for your safety on the road. You will have the option to reply to the SMS using your own voice that may be accompanied with a voice transcription. Use the dropdown list to select the phone number where you want to be reached. If you prefer to be contacted on a phone number that is not in the dropdown list, go to Settings > Phone Numbers to add the phone number. See Phone Numbers for details.
It is important to keep the address specified in this section up to date because any 911 calls made from this Smart Number will dispatch emergency services to this address.
- Location Name: Enter a descriptive name for this address.
- Address: Enter the full address, city, state/province, zip/postal code and country where emergency services must be dispatched if you dial 911 using your Smart Number.