Use the Phone Sessions settings to specify how you want the Virtual Assistant to interact with you when you call from a number listed under the Phone Numbers page.
To access your Virtual Assistant interactions settings (phone sessions), click Settings > Profile in the main menu.
This setting determines if you will be using the phone keypad only or a mix of voice and touchtone (keypad) commands with the Virtual Assistant.
- Touchtone Only: In this mode, only touchtone commands (pressing keys on your phone keypad) are accepted by the Virtual Assistant. Speech commands are ignored. This mode can be practical in noisy environments.
- Speech and Touchtone: In this mode, you can use speech and touchtone commands interchangeably during the same phone session. The Virtual Assistant will be listening and interpreting any audio or tone it gets.
Downloading your messages from the mail server may take some time. Use this option to select what you want the Virtual Assistant to play while downloading messages from your mail server. This will replace unusually long silence periods. You can select the type of audio that you want the Virtual Assistant to play:
- Music Only: Music will be played while your messages are being downloaded. One or several music on hold themes and ring tones can be played. The music stops as soon as the messages are downloaded.
- Tips: Instructions and tips on how to use the Virtual Assistant services.
The speech user interface can be adapted to your experience level with the system. You may need a directed dialog mode in the beginning, but prefer the faster, more sophisticated commands when you become familiar with the system. Choose the skill level that best suits your needs:
- Beginner Mode: Gives you more assistance and guidance during phone sessions with the Virtual Assistant. This mode is recommended for users with little experience with the system.
- Expert Mode: Allows you to say natural language -like speech commands for faster results. This mode is designed for people who are familiar with the system's speech interface. When you switch to Expert Mode, the Virtual Assistant will walk you through an online tutorial program that includes training sessions and tips on how to use the Virtual Assistant services efficiently. To skip the training, set the Skip training dropdown list to Yes.