While in your Home Town
You can reach the Virtual Assistant using one of three methods:
- Dial your Virtual Assistant's direct number.
- Dial your Smart Number if you have one:
- from one of the phone numbers that you defined as uniquely identifying you (Auto-PIN). This tells your Virtual Assistant that any call received from this number is a call from you.
- from any phone number, then press STAR (*) as soon as you hear the Smart Number service play a beep sound.
- Dial your company's Virtual Receptionist number if you have a corporate account:
- from a phone number that you registered with the Virtual Assistant under Settings > Phone Numbers.
- from any phone number, then press STAR (*) or say the name of your assistant (ex: Excendia) as soon as the Virtual Receptionist service answers.
- Tap the Virtual Assistant icon on your mobile phone or tablet. See Mobile App for details.
User Authentication by Phone
You can use any phone number to access your Virtual Assistant and login for a phone session. The login process can be simplified and accelerated if you call from one of the private phone numbers defined as uniquely identifying you (Settings > Phone Numbers).
You can decide how you want the Virtual Assistant to authenticate you and handle the calls you make from each of your private phone numbers.
- From the main menu of your Web Portal, click Settings then click Phone Numbers.
- Click the Edit icon of the private number for which you want to set specific login authentication. The phone number properties page opens.
- Go the Login authentication settings and select one of the following login options:
- Auto-PIN: The Virtual Assistant will recognize you when you call from this number and log you in automatically (you will not need to enter your User ID or PIN).
- Auto-ID: The Virtual Assistant will recognize you when you call from this number but ask for your PIN. To login, use your telephone keypad to enter your PIN followed by POUND(#). You don't need to enter your User ID.
- Unknown: The Virtual Assistant will not recognize you when you call from this number and therefore will ask for your User ID and PIN. To login, use your telephone keypad to enter your User ID, then your PIN followed by POUND(#).
- Call Back: The Virtual Assistant will recognize you when you call from this number but will not answer but call you back instead (useful when you want to call while traveling abroad). Any long distance costs will be charged to your Virtual Assistant account.
When calling from an unregistered phone, you will be required to enter your User ID and PIN followed by POUND(#) to access your account.
When Traveling Abroad
When traveling outside your regular time zone, use the call back feature to access your Virtual Assistant service and keep telephone charges under control.
- Add a local number in the region where you are traveling to receive calls at lower costs (calls are made using your Virtual Assistant rates with no roaming charges). It can be a fixed line or a mobile number with free or low fees for incoming calls.
- To add a local number to your private numbers, see Add a Private Phone Number and make sure you check the option Don’t answer. Call me back. under the Login Authentication section.
- Dial your Virtual Assistant's direct number. Even if the call is long distance, there should be no charges because technically the call will not be completed in Call Back mode.
- Hangup when you hear a fast busy tone.
- Your assistant will immediately call you back and give you access to your account. You can then issue commands as if you were calling from your home city.
People can reach you:
- by dialing your Smart Number.
- by dialing your Virtual Receptionist and entering your extension or saying your name (if you have a corporate account).
Both numbers are directly linked to the Virtual Assistant which uses your status, call forwarding schedules, call filtering preferences and phone numbers to answer and route your incoming calls efficiently.