These instructions are for Google Gmail users. If you are part of an organization that uses Google G Suite for its emails, contacts, calendar, docs and drive, see Google G Suite Mail Connection for details.
As a Google Gmail user, setting your mail access connection is greatly simplified.
Configure the Gmail Mail Access Connection
Login to the Web Portal and follow the instructions below to enable the Virtual Assistant to access your emails on Google Gmail:
- Click Settings > Mail Access in the main menu.
- Enter or update your username and password at the top of the section.
- Select the Settings radio button.
- Select Google G Mail from the Mail Access Protocol dropdown list.
- Based your email address domain (gmail.com), the Web Portal will automatically offer you the option to click Connect in order establish your mail access connection. You will not be required to enter your email password.
- Clicking Connect triggers Google Gmail to ask for your permission to authorize the Virtual Assistant to access your emails, calendar, contacts and drive.
- Click Accept to grant the requested access permissions to the Virtual Assistant.
- That's it. Your mail access connection is established. Your Web Portal can access and sync your contacts, and your Virtual Assistant is now able to access your emails, calendar and contacts.
Your personal contacts on the Google Gmail Server are now synced with your personal contacts on the Virtual Assistant. Syncing also applies to contact groups including the Voice Directory group that contains contacts that can be called by the Virtual Assistant. To build and update your Voice Directory using contacts from your Google Gmail Server, see Sync Contacts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.