What is the Smart Fax service?
How can people send me faxes on my Smart Fax or Smart Number?
You can receive faxes on your Smart Number or Smart Fax if you have a phone number with the fax option enabled. A Smart Number can handle both telephone calls and faxes, while the Smart Fax is dedicated to receiving faxes.
People can send you faxes simply by dialing your Smart Number or Smart Fax number from a fax machine as they would normally do. The Virtual Assistant automatically detects the type of incoming call (voice or fax) and handles it accordingly. You will receive an email with the fax attached as a PDF document but you can also receive a paper copy of the fax on a physical machine connected to an ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) registered as an office extension.
What is Unified Messaging?
Unified messaging is the feature of integrating different messaging and communications media (email, SMS, fax, voicemail, video messaging, etc.) into a single mailbox (your Inbox), accessible from a variety of devices.
By default, the Virtual Assistant records faxes as PDF documents and voice messages as .WAV audio files and emails them to you. In doing so, the Inbox where you traditionally receive your emails becomes a one-stop-shop to access, save, delete and manage everything from your voice messages, faxes, text messages as well as your emails.
Where are my faxes stored?
Your received faxes are in two locations:
- On your Virtual Assistant system: The Virtual Assistant stores your faxes received on its servers and enables you to access and manage them on your Web Portal, mobile app and by phone.
- In your Inbox: By default, you receive all faxes as PDF files attached to emails. Your inbox becomes a one-stop-shop to access and manage copies of your faxes, voice messages as well as your emails.
How do I access my faxes?
- In your Inbox: By default, you receive all faxes as emails with PDF file attachments so you can access and manage them from your favorite email software.
- On the Web Portal: You can access and manage your faxes on the Home page dashboard of your Web Portal. Click on the Faxes icon to access them.
- On the mobile app: You can access and manage your voice messages on the Home page dashboard of your Mobile App. Tap on the Voice Messages icon to access them.
- On the Virtual Assistant: Use touchtone or speech commands to hear the list of faxes, forward them to your contacts and colleagues or delete them.
See Faxes for details.
Please sign in to leave a comment.