Contact details include 5 sections:
In the Information section, enter the general contact details in the appropriate fields. You must enter at least the first and last name to enable the Virtual Assistant to identify the contact.
- Gender: Select Male or Female in the gender dropdown field.
- Salutation: Select the Salutation from the dropdown list.
- First and Last Name: Enter the first and last name of the contact. Make sure the name is correctly spelled.
- Phonetic Name: Phonetics are what your Virtual Assistant understands when you say the name of the contact or colleague to call. Basic first name and last name phonetics are created automatically for each name in your voice directory group. However, the proper pronunciation of some names may require phonetic adjustments for better speech recognition, especially foreign names. This field is generally left blank.
To adjust the pronunciation of a contat that the Virtual Assistant has trouble recognizing:
- From the main menu, click Contacts.
- Click the contact name requiring phonetics configuration.
- Under Phonetic Name, enter the proper pronunciation of the contact as you would say it. For help on phonetic spelling, click How to adjust phonetics for a proper name. You will be offered a link to several tools to help you choose the phonetic spelling.
- Click Save to apply the changes
Enter the phone numbers of the contact (business, mobile, home, fax). Make sure that the telephone numbers are formatted correctly in TAPI format. Click on the pencil icon to help you format the number.
- City/Area Code
- Local Number
The following are all TAPI-compliant formats:
- +1 (514) 555 1212
- +1 (514) 555 1212 x201
- +33 (1) 4331 1212
- +44 (3456) 6789
The Web Portal enables you to create groups and use them to tag contacts. Groups can be used to filter callers when you are in a certain status. For example, when your status is in meeting, you can decide to take calls only from contacts in your Customers and Colleagues groups. Other calls go to voice mail.
Check the box next to a group name to assign the contact to the group. Uncheck the box to unassign the contact from the group. You can also click New group to create a new group and assign the contact to it.
Enter the contact's address, city, state/province, zip/postal code and country. These fields are not mandatory.
This section enables to enter additional contact information such as language, birthday, job title and company. Your Virtual Assistant uses the birthday to play a special birthday music when greeting the contact calling on his/her birthday week.
- Language: Select the communication language of the contact. Your Virtual Assistant will use this language when interacting with this contact.
- Birthday: Your contact will hear a short happy birthday message when interacting with the Virtual Assistant 3 days before and after this date. The Virtual Assistant may also use this field to remind you of a contact's birthday.
- Job Title: Enter the contact's job title. You can also leave this field blank.
- Company: Enter the name of the company where this contact is employed. You can also leave this field blank.