Call forwarding rules allow you to specify one or several phone numbers (or other locations such as services or colleagues if you are a company user or employee) where you want to be reached simultaneously or sequentially. When no location is specified, the Virtual Assistant sends calls directly to your voice mail.
- Simultaneous call forwarding: An incoming call will ring at several phone numbers at once.
- Sequential call forwarding: The Virtual Assistant will direct the incoming call to one set of phone numbers (sequence) and if you don't pick up after the maximum number of rings, it will try to reach you at other locations. Each call sequence contains one or many phone numbers dialed simultaneously. You can have as many call sequences as required. See Examples of Call Forwarding Sequences for details.
To set your call forwarding rules:
- From the main menu, click Call Forwarding > Status.
- If needed, change your status.
- Click the Edit icon next to the status dropdown list.
- Click the Insert New Filter icon.
- If needed, set your call filtering preferences.
- Add a number where you can be reached:
- Simultaneous ringing: Click Add Destination to add a number to dial simultaneously in the same sequence.
- Sequential ringing: Click Add Sequence and under the new sequence click Add Destination to add a number to dial only if you did not answer the call at the previous number sequence.
- Use the dropdown list to select a phone number, a colleague, a group or a service. If you wish to forward calls to a phone number that is not in the dropdown list, you will need to add it under Settings > Phone Numbers. See Phone Numbers for details.
- Rings: Set the number of times the call will ring before redirecting it to the next call sequence (if any) or sending it to voice mail.
- If you wish to change the order of call sequences, click the up or down arrows.
- Click Save to apply the changes or, to create a new status from your changes, enter a name next to the Save As button and click Save As.